Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Green Clean with the Laundry Hag!


Okay, so now that the stinking playroom project is behind me, it's time to clean up the rest of this dump. On my own personal laundry list is, well everything. Wash curtains and line dry, shiny sink 101 to get rid of discoloration in tubs and sinks and well, I could probably do it all in the time it takes me to type this up.

But this year, it's not just spring cleaning, it's research. Why? Well, for starters, after I finish my two current works-in-progress, Stellar Timing and Who Need A Hero? I'll be plotting The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag #3, working title All Washed Up.

For reasons I'm not going to discuss until after book 2 Swept Under the Rug has been out., Maggie needs a new gimmick for her cleaning business. She's going green, baby! No more harsh chemicals when something natural and many times cheaper is available.

I won't bore you with the chemistry lessons I've had to study up on but I will tell you the top five neato green cleaning solutions I've unearthed.

1.) Lemons. The acid is a great grease cutter and kills molds and mildews. And about $.50 cents a lemon, clean doesn't come much cheaper than this. Also a great deodorizer.

2.) Vinegar. Another great acid and will cause an excellent chemical reaction to unclog slow moving drains when mixed with...

3.) Baking Soda Did you ever actually look at the back of a box? There are about a million uses for this household item that have nothing to do with baked goods.

4.) Olive/vegetable oil. Great to rehydrate old wood.

5.) Salt. An excellent scrub component.

So I better stop talking about it and get to work. Oh and I'm also working on a trailer for Hag 1, so be sure to stop back soon and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to go all "green" with my cleaning and grooming.

    I guess I'm just a dirty bitch because the natural deoderants with no aluminum don't work. I know we're supposed to sweat, but it does nothing for the stench. I can't go out in public.

    I found some things I like very well as far as brands. I love, love, love Method brand dishwasher, dish liquid and surface cleaner.In the Grapfruit flavor. :) I'm also going to try the laundry soap this week. The laundry soap stinks like death, so I'm hoping the clothes won't smell that way. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you hear? Rotting mule carcass is totally in.

    And by the way, I just reread the rhydrate old wood line. LOL!

    ReplyDelete