Friday, October 8, 2010

Interview with romantic suspense author Cherish D'Angelo


How long have you been writing, Cherish?

Ever since I was a child. I started with short stories, mainly for school assignments, but then progressed to doing them on my own, plus writing poetry. I've been writing novels―as a published author―since 2003.

Do you have a day job?

No. I write full time. I decided to give up my last job back in 2003 when I discovered how well Whale Song was selling. I knew I could do even better if I dedicated myself to marketing and writing full time. Not everyone is in the position to be able to do this, but thankfully I was. Writing is my full-time day job. More than that, it's my passion.

What's one thing about yourself that very few people know?

Many years ago, I painted a huge Noah's Arc wall mural in the Millwoods Presbyterian Church nursery in Edmonton, and as far as I know it's still there. It has a male and female killer whale on it, plus several other couples, including skunks, bluebirds, elephants, angel fish and more.

What is your favorite punctuation mark? Why?

The em-dash―I'm the "em-dash queen". It's great for adding asides and for creating drama.

What's your idea of a romantic night out?

Every night out with my husband Marc is a romantic night out. Dinner and a movie works for me. We're movie addicts, though Marc prefers to stay at home and watch the big screen TV rather than fight crowds in a theatre. Romance doesn't have to be roses, candlelight, chocolate dipped strawberries and a steaming bubble bath. Though I sure wouldn't argue if Marc decided to do all that.

What did you like best about competing in the Dorchester Publishing "Next Best Celler" contest hosted by Textnovel?

Besides meeting some great writers like you, I really enjoyed the interaction with readers. I loved that they were able to vote and leave comments on Lancelot's Lady. That's how I knew I was on the right track and that I had something.

What do you like most about Lancelot's Lady―the characters or the plot? Why?

I'd like to say both, but if I have to choose I'd say the characters. They're very unique and, I'm hoping, memorable. Rhianna, Jonathan, JT, Winston, and some great secondary characters, were so much fun to develop.

What's one thing your female protagonist does in Lancelot's Lady that you wish she hadn't done?

Waited so long to kiss Jonathan. Sigh...

What's the one scene in Lancelot's Lady that will make readers laugh?

The scene where Rhianna slips in the mud by the pool. But it's what happens afterward that'll really make you laugh.

Why should readers read Lancelot's Lady?

Readers should read Lancelot's Lady if they enjoy adventure, suspense and romance, especially with a tropical twist. I really believe this novel is for anyone, male or female who enjoys a story about secrets, connections and the yearning of the heart to find a soul mate.

Lancelot's Lady ~ A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

Lancelot's Lady is available in ebook edition at KoboBooks, Amazon's Kindle Store, Smashwords and other ebook retailers. Help me celebrate by picking up a copy today and "Cherish the romance..."

You can learn more about Lancelot's Lady and Cherish D'Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at http://www.cherishdangelo.com and http://www.cherylktardif.blogspot.com. Follow Cherish from September 27 to October 10 on her Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour and win prizes.

What's holding you back from doing what you love?

Leave a comment here, with email address, to be entered into the prize draws. You're guaranteed to receive at least 1 free ebook just for doing so. Plus you'll be entered to win a Kobo ereader. Winners will be announced after October 10th.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a fab host, Jennifer! :-)

    Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful interview. :) How many times can I get away with saying you're a very inspiring person before you get sick of it? :)

    jmfictionscribe at yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed your post, ty for sharing.

    Umm money is probably the biggest factor in stopping me from doing what I love :).

    pams00 @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, Jaime, I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing I've inspired someone. hehe

    Seriously, I am very happy if that is the case!

    Pam, thanks for dropping by. Money often stands in the way of what we want to do. Sometimes it's true; sometimes it's the thought that it will take a lot of money to do that thing and that thought may not be true.

    Is there a way to start doing what you dream of doing without spending a lot of money on it? If so, go for it. Dare to dream and dream big. Take a risk. That's what life is for. :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two kids!!! lol

    I am playing catch up!! I had a wedding to go to and got behind. Sometimes even stalkers take a break!!!

    P.s Thank you for stalking me!!!

    sarahcoulsey03 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete