Another New Cover for the Hag


Ah cover design. A year ago I knew nothing about it beyond that a book needs one and ugly covers don't sell worth beans. I've had my share of ugly covers and the hits just keep on coming. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Easier said than done. Photoshop and I are NOT friends. I have come to the conclusion that I am just too stubborn and forgetful to use that program. Then my fabulous friend and co-blogger on Writers Gone Wild, Maree Anderson, introduced me to the wonders of Gimp. From there I was able to design the cover for Who Needs A Hero? And the rest is history.

Obviously I'm no savant when it comes to cover design. But I know what feel I want my books to have. Well, usually. The rerelease of Laundry Hag 1 gave me headaches. I mean, the book is good old fashioned screwball fun, with a few deep moments tossed in. The cover I settled for in July gave that feel, you know the one I'm talking about, the aqua with the fishnets. Maggie was snickering about the fishnets nonstop. What do you take me for, the Laundry Ho?

So I kept plugging away at it, searching out the right model and behold, the fruits of my labors. It's campy as all get-out, but Something about it makes me smile. And at the end of the day, I think that's what a good cover design should do, allude to the read within.

What are your thoughts on cover design? Does a cover make or break a book?



Comments

  1. I like this cover Jen and know whatever is between this cover will be amazing and I can't wait for the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as wellWasserette Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on.
    Wasserij
    Stomerij

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice is up for sale!!

Get Faery Wine FREE!!!!