Homemade Applesauce Recipe # 10




INGREDIENTS:

• 3 pounds of apples. I use Macs, but Empires work too. Do not use Granny Smiths or Delicious varieties as they yield a very thin, watery sauce.
• 1/2 C water
• 3/4 C sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Core the apples, removing all seeds. If you want pink applesauce, or if you're lazy like me, leave the skins on! Cover apple slices with water and bring to a boil.

Note: Do not leave the apples boiling; as soon as they reach a boil reduce the heat. Don't do what I did, which is walk away and get on the computer because I scorched my pot and ruined the sauce!

Cook covered on low heat for five minutes. Add sugar and cook three minutes more. You can also add a dash of cinnamon if desired. Remove from heat and let sit for ten minutes. Put through food mill to even out consistency and separate apple from skins. My boys fight over this job. You can serve it warm or refrigerate. Makes 1 Qt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice is up for sale!!

Get Faery Wine FREE!!!!