Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recipe # 14 Pepper Steak

Pepper Steak
I've been scouring through my recipe book to find recipes for special dietary considerations, i.e. low acid, gluten free, ect. I will go back through what I have already posted and label each recipe to match individual dietary needs!


We Need:
• 1 small marbled steak cut into thin strips
• 1 small onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 stalk celery
• A dozen baby carrots
• 1 large red, orange or yellow bell pepper
• 1 can of beef broth
• Dash of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch to thicken


Directions:
Brown meat in a little olive oil on medium to medium high heat. While meat is cooking, dice veggies. When steak is cooked through, mix in veggies and spice with ¾ can of broth. Mix thickening agent with remaining cold broth before adding to pan. The sauce will start to thicken like gravy after a few minutes. *Serve over rice.

Make sure your rice is not enriched rice! The coating that makes it enriched may sometimes contain gluten!

2 comments:

  1. Great post for those of us suffering from Celiac! Very thoughtful of you, doll. You are made of cool. I'd eat at your house any time. That and I can be bribed with food. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost everyone I know can't have something. My oldest is lactose intolerant, so I understand what it's like to have to check labels. I have a mild sensitivity to acid, it goes on and on. I figure the least I can do is label what works for which diet ;-)

    ReplyDelete