Recipe # 14 Pepper Steak

Pepper Steak
I've been scouring through my recipe book to find recipes for special dietary considerations, i.e. low acid, gluten free, ect. I will go back through what I have already posted and label each recipe to match individual dietary needs!


We Need:
• 1 small marbled steak cut into thin strips
• 1 small onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 stalk celery
• A dozen baby carrots
• 1 large red, orange or yellow bell pepper
• 1 can of beef broth
• Dash of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch to thicken


Directions:
Brown meat in a little olive oil on medium to medium high heat. While meat is cooking, dice veggies. When steak is cooked through, mix in veggies and spice with ¾ can of broth. Mix thickening agent with remaining cold broth before adding to pan. The sauce will start to thicken like gravy after a few minutes. *Serve over rice.

Make sure your rice is not enriched rice! The coating that makes it enriched may sometimes contain gluten!

Comments

  1. Great post for those of us suffering from Celiac! Very thoughtful of you, doll. You are made of cool. I'd eat at your house any time. That and I can be bribed with food. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost everyone I know can't have something. My oldest is lactose intolerant, so I understand what it's like to have to check labels. I have a mild sensitivity to acid, it goes on and on. I figure the least I can do is label what works for which diet ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Notice is up for sale!!

Get Faery Wine FREE!!!!