Thursday, January 21, 2010

Recipe #15 Scratch Pancakes


And not that they give you the scratch either ;-) I'm shocked at how many people use Bisquick to make pancakes when this is just as easy and tastes so much better!


Scratch Pancakes



INGREDIENTS:
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 Cup milk
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 Tablespoons of sugar
• ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
*** 1 CUP FLOUR!*** I'm a dumbass!

DIRECTIONS:
Blend all ingredients together—batter may be lumpy. Cook in electric frying pan or range top over medium heat. When pancakes start to bubble, flip. Serves 3.

**Jenn’s note. Do NOT do what I do which is try to wash dishes while cooking because that results in scorched pancakes!

3 comments:

  1. That's it? How simple. And it's naturally gluten free. OMG. I'm going to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHIT, no it isn't the paste cut off the 1 Cup of flour. Sorry. I really need to proof after I post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even measure ingredients anymore. I use a mug to scoop out the flour - 1-2 mugs depending on how many people I'm feeding and 2-3 eggs - a spoon full of sugar (makes the medicine go down)/ Add milk and mix until it looks like batter. Vanilla is optional since I'm often out of it when I decide to make pancakes. Sometimes I use a splash of maple syrup instead.

    Of course this slap dash method is why I got a B+ in chem theory and a C- in lab.

    ReplyDelete